STARTING OFF RIGHT…
“Parents and Tots” tennis lessons program designed for 3 to 5 year old kids and enables them to learn the basics of tennis through a series of fun activities, based on the fundamental areas of balance, co-ordination, agility, movement and racket and ball skills.
Tots play with parents using red balls and 19 inch rackets. The focus is about making it as much fun as possible during tennis lessons.
The overall focus in this parents and tots tennis lessons stage is to promote the love of physical activity while laying the foundation for future enjoyment of sport. The participant learns to move efficiently emphasizing agility, balance and coordination while participating in a variety of physical activities and most importantly, unstructured play. Physical activity creates neural connections across multiple pathways in the brain, particularly when activities integrating rhythm are used. (Council of Physical Education for Children, 2000)
• Instill a love of sport and being physically active (and a specific interest in tennis).
• Introduce tennis with the appropriate sized ball, racquet and court with children aged 3 and 5.
• Introduce hand-eye coordination (striking an object).
• Introduce, prioritize and promote a variety of fundamental movement skills.
• Promote self- confidence in an enjoyable,safe environment
• Introduce fundamental movement skills (walking, running, jumping, wheeling, catching,
• Introduce fundamental motor skills (agility, balance, coordination and reaction speed).
Since 2015, we offer tennis lessons in Vaughan, Aurora, Maple, Woodbridge, Thornhill, King city, Richmond Hill and Newmarket