Georgian Bay Summer Sailing Camps
Summer Camp Information
Summer Camp “PIRATES OF THE GEORGIAN BAY” is one unique opportunity to experience sailing and build strong leadership skills as a member of an exciting crew.
Our junior sailors will discover the beauty of Georgian Bay in a fun and adventurous way!
Day or Overnight options are available.
- Introduction to sail
- Pirate party & Treasure hunting
- Pleasure sailing & Sailors competition
- Swimming & Quiz game
- Graduation party (parents are welcome!)
Agegroup #1: from 11 to 14
Age group #2:: from 15 to 18
Sailing Yacht: Beneteau 423, “Northern Shores”
Captain/Instructor: Dennis Dobrovolsky
- Single day package: from 1 to 5 days
- Overnight package: up to 4 nights
- Maximum people: 6 (4 if overnight)
Time of embarkation: 9:00 am
Time of disembarkation: 5:00 pm
Place of embarkation: Killbear Marina
Our rates per person:
- Single day (8 hours): $300CAD +HST
- One day + night (24 hours): $400CAD + HST
- Overnight camp: 4 days/ 3 nights: $1250CAD + HST
Lunch/Snack onboard: bring your own lunch and water
Breakfast/Dinner at the marina: bring your own lunch and water
Make your summer with “PIRATES OF THE GEORGIAN BAY” as the most memorable experience!
What to bring
- Please bring your personal sailing gloves and the life jacket if you have. If not, we will provide you with used one and sanitized by COVID-19 recommendations.
- Please be dressed well for the weather conditions. Keep in mind that during the sailing the temperature on water feels 10C cooler compared to the temperature on shore.
- Having layers is the best way to stay good. That is because each piece of clothing traps a layer of insulating air. And as the temperature or your activity level changes, you can shed a layer one at a time until you are comfy again.
- Please bring one pair of non-marking deck sailing shoes.
- Be sure to pack sunscreen (with a high enough SPF to protect your skin) and sun-protective clothing as well. Do not forget your swimming suite, sunglasses, and hat!
Please not that the schedule of daily activities may change or cancel at any time.
Parents will be notified a day before about any changes or cancellations.
Please, call Dennis
Our Sailing School has been managed and run by a certified and licensed professional manager, who employ Sail Canada Certified instructors and captains.
The Sailing School is a Sail Canada certified organization, one and only in Georgian Bay. It holds true to the five Principles of healthy child development essential for quality programs.
The school uses Beneteau 423 sailboat for running camps, lessons and day charters.
- It accommodates maximum 6 campers aboard
- Large cockpit with lazerettes to port and starboard
- Wheel pedestal with folding wheel
- Full galley
- Full head with shower
- Aft stateroom sleeps 2
- V-berth forward sleeps 2
- Wood dinette table in salon
- Settee to STB and couch to port
- Nav station with instrument read outs for GPS and VHF
Sailing camps are offered in June, July and August, Monday-Friday. Sailing lessons and day charters are available by appointment.
We are conveniently located at the Killbear Marina (31 Pengally Rd, Nobel, ON P0G 1G0) just 30 minutes from Perry Sound and 2 hours from the GTA.
We invite school and after school organizations to participate with us!
Please send your offer to firstname.lastname@example.org